Harvard University, PhD in History, 2014
Central European University (Hungary), MA in History. 2007
National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy (Ukraine), MA in Cultural Studies, 2005
Shevchenko National University (Ukraine), BA in History, 1999
- “'Counter-revolutionary Agitation' in the Soviet Union During the Great Patriotic War: The Politics of Legal Prosecution,” Cahiers du Monde russe, Vol. 52 (2-3), April-September 2011, pp. 373-86.
- “Oni żyli wśród nas?" [They Lived among Us? - translation and revision of the 2005 Ukrainian publication], OUN, UPA i zagłada Żydów [OUN, UPA and the Extermination of Jews]. Ed. Andrzej Zięba (Krakow, Poland: Jagiellonian Univeristy Press, forthcoming in 2014).
- "Chuza istoriia zi svoieiu moralliu [The History of Others Used to Our Own Ends]," Krytyka (Kyiv, Ukraine: Instytut Krytyky), July-August 2008 (No. 129-130).
- "Pam'iat', kontrpam'iat' i polityka [Memory, Counter-memory and Politics]," Krytyka (Kyiv, Ukraine: Instytut Krytyky), November 2006 (No. 109).
- "Vony zhyly sered nas? [They Lived among Us?]," Krytyka (Kyiv, Ukraine: Instytut Krytyky), April 2005 (No. 90).
- “Racial Science and the Construction of Ukrainian National Identities across Political Borders, 1914-1949,”Association for the Study of Nationalities, 19th Annual World Convention(Columbia University, April 24-26, 2014)
- “Medicine and Jewish Identity in ImperialRussia, 1880-1917,” Association for Jewish Studies 44th Annual Conference (Boston, December 15-17, 2013)
- “In Search of Jewish Blood: Sero-Anthropology and the Quest for the Ethnic History of Soviet Jews,”Association for Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies, 45th Annual Conference (Boston, November 21-24, 2013)
- “Jewish Health and the Politics of Race in the Russian Empire,” Association for Jewish Studies 44th Annual Conference (Chicago, December 16-18, 2012)
- “Beyond the Jewish Type: Physical Anthropology, Jewish Bodies, and Citizenship in the Russian Empire and the USSR,” Association for Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies, 44th Annual Conference (New Orleans, November 15-18, 2012)
- “Medicalizing Ethnicity? Russian Ethnography and Medicine Approach “Jewish“ Diseases, 1860-1914,”Association for the Study of Nationalities, 17th Annual World Convention (ColumbiaUniversity, April 19-21, 2012)
- “Russian Jews and the Politics of Sanatorium Access, 1900-1921,”Association for Slavic, Eastern European and Eurasian Studies, 43rd National Convention (Washington, DC, November 17-20, 2011)
- “Racial Science and Nationalism in Eastern Europe, 1890-1930: Ukrainian and Jewish Cases” (Summer School “Jewish History and Multiethnic Past in East Central Europe, Center for the Urban History of East Central Europe, July 22, 2014)
- “Modernity, Gender and Sexuality in the Russian-Jewish Psychiatric Discourse (1890-1914)” (Summer School “Jewish History and Multiethnic Past in East Central Europe, Center for the Urban History of East Central Europe, July 23, 2014)
- “Eastern European Jews, American Philanthropies, and Eugenics (1914-1930)” (The American Jewish Archives, June 7, 2013)
- “Physicians and the Jewish Community in the Russian Empire andUSSR, 1900-1930: A Study in Professional Politics.” Presented at the workshop “Modern Jewish Worlds” (HarvardUniversity, March 21, 2012)